Contract: CHAFEA 2018 96 03 - Organisation and implementation of training activities on inspection and calibration of plant protection product application equipment in compliance with the provisions of Directive 2019/128/EC under the “Better Training for Safer Food Initiative”
- Number of events in 2019 and 2020: 1 event in 2019 and 5 events in 2020
- Seminar duration: 3 days (2 half-days and 2 full days)
- Regional coverage: France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands (The), Poland and Spain
- Increase knowledge and awareness of EU regulations concerning inspection and calibration of pesticides application equipment (Sustainable Use Directive, Machine Directive, ISO standards for inspection of PAEs, ISO standards for new sprayer’s requirements, etc.)
- Ensure a complete and better understanding on the field of inspections and calibrations of PAEs
- Provide main guidelines and clear procedures on important aspects of calibration and maintenance of PAEs.
- Promote uniformity and harmonization of inspection procedures along MS of UE and networking among participants
- Demonstrate the benefits (technical, economic and environmental) of the inspection procedure together with a proper calibration method
- Ensure a harmonized, practical and suitable training process for staff in charge of the organization of inspector’s training activities in Europe.
- Keep participants updated with the latest developments in the spray application technologies.
- Sharing country’s experiences and knowledge
The project will support a total of 120 participants through the organisation and implementation of a 6 training sessions of 3 days each, distributed in two full days and two half days.
The global participation from MS and candidates countries will not exceed 100 participants. The other 20 places should be assigned to participants from potential candidate countries and EFTA/EEA countries, as specified in the tender.
The criteria to attend the training session should be the following:
- Relevance to daily work: Staff of Competent Authority of the MS involved in official control activities and field inspectors of PAE. Delegates from candidate members and EFTA/EEA countries can also been included.
- Sufficient level of language: participants should master the official language of the training sessions (English).
- Ability to share their experience: priority will be given to participants whom the position will allow to share with colleagues the outputs of the training.
The Project Manager will take care to give priority the participants corresponding to these criteria.
- AINIA (Project Leader)
- AETS (Partner)
- UPC (Partner)
- IRSTEA (Montpellier, FRANCE)
- UPC (Barcelona, SPAIN)
- INHORT (Skierniewice, POLAND)
- JKI (Braunschweig, GERMANY)
- UNITO (Torino, ITALY)
- SKL (Wageningen, NETHERLANDS)
National Contact Points in charge of identification of participants: https://ec.europa.eu/food/sites/food/files/safety/docs/btsf_national-contact-points.pdf
Carmen Serrano (Project Manager) & Carlos García (Event Manager)