Contract: CHAFEA 2018 96 03 - Organisation and implementation of training activities on inspection and calibration of plant protection product application equipment in compliance with the provisions of Directive 2019/128/EC under the “Better Training for Safer Food Initiative”
- Number of events in 2019 and 2020: 1 event in 2019 and 5 events in 2020
- Seminar duration: 3 days (2 half-days and 2 full days)
- Regional coverage: France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands (The), Poland and Spain
- Increase knowledge and awareness of EU regulations concerning inspection and calibration of pesticides application equipment (Sustainable Use Directive, Machine Directive, ISO standards for inspection of PAEs, ISO standards for new sprayer’s requirements, etc.)
- Ensure a complete and better understanding on the field of inspections and calibrations of PAEs
- Provide main guidelines and clear procedures on important aspects of calibration and maintenance of PAEs.
- Promote uniformity and harmonization of inspection procedures along MS of UE and networking among participants
- Demonstrate the benefits (technical, economic and environmental) of the inspection procedure together with a proper calibration method
- Ensure a harmonized, practical and suitable training process for staff in charge of the organization of inspector’s training activities in Europe.
- Keep participants updated with the latest developments in the spray application technologies.
- Sharing country’s experiences and knowledge