The European Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA) was created on on 16 February 2021
The HaDEA manages European programmes and initiatives on behalf of the European Commission.
It works closely together with its parent Directorate-Generals which are focused on legislative and strategic tasks in policy making. These are namely DG CNECT, DEFIS, GROW, RTD and SANTE which is the lead DG for the HaDEA.
The HaDEA addresses the European Commission’s ambition to help rebuild a post-COVID-19 Europe at its heart, which will be greener, more digital, more resilient and better fit for the current and forthcoming challenges.
The HaDEA will contribute to above ambition by implementing the following programmes (with indicative budget):
- EU4Health programme;
- Horizon Europe: Pillar II, Cluster 1: Health;
- Single Market Programme: Food safety: health for humans, animals and plants along the food chain and Better Training for Safer Food;
- Digital Europe Programme;
- Connecting Europe Facility: Digital;
- Horizon Europe: Pillar II, cluster 4: Digital, Industry and Space.
The HaDEA is based in Brussels.