Food Composition & Information
The contract (EAHC 2012 96 05) is on Organisation and Implementation of training activities on Food Composition and Information mainly for EU Member States under the “ Better Training for Safer Food Initaitive”.
- Number of events in 2013 and 2014: 15
- Seminar duration: 5 days
- Regional coverage: Greece (Athens), Ireland (Trim), Italy (Venice), Latvia (Riga), Spain (Madrid), Spain (Valencia).
The general objective is to ensure a high lever of consumer protection throughout the EU internal market and to maintain normal market conditions by the implementation of efficient, objective and adequate official controls.
The Specific objective is to spread knowledge and best practices in relation with food composition and information, as per the requirements of the EU Food Law. The objective is to high knowledge on the latest developments on food labeling requirements, nutrition and health claims, food supplements and fortified foods as well as in the implementation of controls.
The Consortium will maintain a high standard of comfort and practicality for the accommodation, travel arrangements and catering service provided to participants and tutors.
The project will support a total of 615 participants:
- 545 participants originating from EU Member States and Candidate Countries
- 10 originating from EFTA and EEA countries
- 60 originating from ENP countries, Mediterranean basin countries and selected Third countries
- Each session will allow 41 participants.
Only participants from Competent Authorities and government bodies of the beneficiary countries will be supported by the project. Preferably, participants would have positions facilitating the training and up-date of their colleagues on the content of the course they attended (please refer to Section 2.5 Management of Participation according to requirements).
The trainees will benefit of the following services:
- International travel in economy class by the most direct route
- Personal health and repatriation insurance
- Airport transfers
- 4 nights’ accommodation and breakfast (5 nights for participants from ENP/Mediterranean basin and 6 nights for selected third countries)
- 1 welcome drink and reception dinner the first day of the training, 7 coffee breaks, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- 1 social event in order to promote the networking within the group
- Access to fully equipped training facilities and access to the internet
- Documentation in paper and electronic form
- Delivery of training certificates
The registration of the trainees is based on the submission of applications by the national contact point.
The dateline for the submission of the application will be 5 weeks before the training, which is the optimal period to ensure the availability of adequate flights and a perfect organization.
AETS Consortium is composed of AETS (France, Leading compagny), AENOR (Spain), ainia (Spain), AESA (Belgium) and EFET (Greece)