Contract 2013 96 16 The project will cover relevant aspects applicable to controls to be carried out to verify compliance with legislation on production, collection, processing, storage and transportation of semen, ova and embryos. The training is addressed to official veterinarians from local veterinary services responsible for official supervision of semen collection and storage centres and of embryos collection and production teams, and to officials from central Competent Veterinary Authorities in charge of this field of regulation.
- Total number of events 10: 3 in 2014; 6 in 2015 and 1 in 2016
- Seminar duration: 4 full days organized as follow: half day+ 2 full days+ half day
- Regional coverage: EU MS, CC, EFTA-EEA countries and some ENP and Mediterranean basin countries
To provide a common and more harmonized understanding between the different Members States concerning the controls on semen, ova and embryos, ensuring that a high level of animal health standard is achieved across the EU.
Furthermore, the training should increase the efficacy of veterinary services in protecting the EU territory against the occurrence of animal diseases through the trade in or imports into the EU of germinal products.
A total of 235 participants (205 from EU MS and CC; 10 from EFTA-EEA; 20 from selected Non-EU Countries)will benefit of full support, including:
- Travel from the place of residence to the training venue and back
- Health Insurance
- Accommodation in the hotel where the training will be organized
- Lunch, dinners and coffee breaks
- Access to fully equipped meeting rooms
- Transport to the establishments to be visited during the practical activities
- Training material
Participants will be:
- official veterinarians from local veterinary services responsible for official supervision of semen collection/storage centres or embryos collection and production teams
- officials from regional or national Competent Authorities in charge of drafting legislation in this field or organizing the control plans
In addition participants will be required to:
- Be in a position to disseminate the knowledge acquired during the training within the national competent authority and/or to private sector operators.
- Be fluent in English
AETS leader; Agrotec S.p.A. partner
Project Manager: Pietro D’ELIA
17 Avenue André Marie Ampère
64140 Lons - France
Tel : +33 (0)5 59 72 43 23
- DGAV, General Directorate for Feedstuff and Veterinary Affairs, Portugal
- Swedish Board of Agriculture
- Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie (IZSVe)