Union Controls in Member States and Third Countries - 2010/2011 - EAHC N°2010 96 08
Contract n° 2010 96 08 "Training sessions on the support to Union Controls in Member States and Third Countries" aimed to support the Food and Veterinary Office in the organisation of 24 training sessions dedicated to nominated participants, susceptible to act as National Expert together with FVO auditors during missions in the EU and in Third Countries.
- Number of events in 2011 and 2012: 24
- Seminar duration: 3 days
- Regional coverage: EU Member States
Training sessions aimed at providing supplementary training to national experts in their field of expertise, in order to enhance the contribution that an expert can make to a mission.
Training in the preparation for a mission e.g. in the areas of Risk Assessment methods used by the FVO, audit techniques and updating knowledge of changes in legislation will improve the input the national expert can make.
National experts acquainted with administrative and financial procedures for FVO audit missions, as well as the general FVO approach.
The 3 major objectives were to:
- Make more transparent to the MS the working methods & standards of the FVO;
- Contribute to a greater understanding of, and confidence in the outcome of FVO audits;
- Ensure that National Experts participating in FVO audits will be immediately active in assisting with the audit activities and contribute effectively to the work of the audit team.
At the end of the programm, 366 participants gained more knowledge on:
- The role of a national expert in a FVO audit mission;
- Their field of expertise: Border Inspection Posts, Animal Welfare, Fish & Aquaculture, Pesticides & Contaminants, Poultry, Milk and Red Meat, Food of Non Animal Origin, Feed, Residues and VMPs, Plant Health, Fish and Aquaculture, Food of Non Animal Origin, Residues, Meat and Milk, Border Inspection Posts, Food of Non Animal Origin, Genetically Modified Organism, Feed , Poultry, Animal heatlh, Organic Farming and PDO/PGI/TSG, General topics, Plant Health;
- The preparation for a mission in the areas of Risk Assessment methods used by the FVO;
- Specific legislation;
- National experts acquainted with administrative and financial procedures for FVO audit missions, as well as the general FVO approach.
Support provided by the project
666 participants participated to the programm and will be directly able to contribute effectively to the work of the FVO audit team.
The project supported travel in economy class by train, car, flight and airport transfers. It supported catering expenses (breakfasts, lunches, dinners, coffee breaks) and accommodation in single occupancy at the Knightsbrook hotel *****.
The training course has been held in the premises of the Food and veterinary Office, in Grange.
A training kit including folder with support presentations, notebook, pen, and a memory stick were delivered at the beginning of the session and a certificate and a group photo were offered at the end of the meeting at each participant.
Consortium Partners : AETS (Leader), AESA (Partner)
Technical Partners : No technical partner was involved within this project.
Mr. Sébastien Rahoux - Project manager;
Ms. Audrey Ferran or Ms. Maria Domenica Ciamillo
Tel: +353 (0) 469 061 831 (local management unit in Grange)